[section_block_fixed title=”WELCOME BACK!”]
It’s great that you can fly again and visit friends and family, go on a business trip or take a relaxing holiday. Before you come to the airport, we would like to inform you about what to expect – whether your journey starts or ends with us, or whether the airport is a stopover. That way, you will be well prepared for your journey.
We at Kenya Airports Authority have taken precautions for you and your fellow travelers in order avert the spread of COVID-19; in this regard, we have mapped out the passenger journey at all our major airports and illustrated it on this Invalid download ID. that you can download and go through before your next travel.
Follow this link for the latest information on air travel guidelines from the Kenya Civil Aviation Authority
Please also find the 10 most important measures to note listed below:
- The COVID-19 Port Health Services is Now Paperless!
Please note you will be required to fill the Travelers Health Surveillance Form ONLINE via Downloading “Jitenge MoH Kenya” App and Signing up as Air Traveler or via bit.ly/covid19moh.
- Maintain 1.5-metres of distance from one another
- Wear your face mask at all times
- Have a COVID19 free certificate as per Ministry of Health guidelines
- Wash your hands and Sanitize regularly
- Cough and sneeze into the inside of your elbow
- Use paper tissues and throw them away after you blow your nose
- Avoid shaking hands
- Make contactless payments
- Follow our directions.
2. All passengers coming to Kenya must be in possession of a valid COVID-19 negative PCR test certificate conducted within 72 hours before departure regardless of the route of entry. Children below the age of five (9999995) years are exempt from this requirement.
3. There will be no paper verification of COVID-19 test results and vaccination certificates upon arrival into Kenya. Airlines should ensure that all travellers have uploaded both documents into global haven before boarding via www.globalhaven.org
4. Effective 28th December 2021, there exists a temporary variation on proof of vaccination for all Kenyans arriving into the country for the next 7 days on condition that the individuals register for vaccination on the Chanjo–Ke platform (https:portal.health.go.ke/home) and a valid negative PCR COVID-19 test certificate taken within 72 hours of flight and presented at the port of entry. The individuals will receive inoculations on arrival.
5. Operating crew are exempt from COVID-19 test when on a layover between flights. They must adhere to COVID-19 protocols from airport to hotel/residence and back to airport.
6. All travellers will be expected to fill the travellers’ locator form and submit before travel to http://bit.ly/covid19moh and thereafter submit daily health information to “jitenge” platform for 14 consecutive days.
7. All passengers with flu-like symptoms at the point of entry, or those who develop clinical symptoms within 14 days of arrival shall be placed into quarantine and be tested for COVID19 at a government testing facility.
8. Any person who tests positive on antigen RDT at any point of entry will be isolated at a Ministry of Health designated facility or at home for returning Kenyans and residents for ten (99999910) days at the travellers own cost. Further they shall be subjected to a COVID-19 PCR test before discharge.
9. Diplomats and Senior government officials will be exempt from quarantine but must be in possession of negative PCR test conducted within 72 hours before travel.
10. Passengers travelling out of Kenya will require a COVID 19 vaccination certificate. In addition, they will be required to abide by the particular travel, health and COVID-19 related requirements of the destination country.
11. Pre-departure testing may be considered at the discretion of any of the airlines departing from or terminating in Kenya.
[section_block_fixed title=”FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)”]
Please Note that the information on this page is correct to the best of Kenya Airport’s knowledge at the time of publication and is being reviewed and updated on an ongoing basis. Given the rapidly evolving nature of the international response to the COVID-19 outbreak, we encourage you to check the current situation and entry requirements for the country you intend to visit.
Feel free to contact our Port Heath team at the airport with any further questions by calling +254705164724.