Departure halls have clearly marked check-in counters. Airline and KAA ground staff are available to facilitate passengers through boarding procedures, and on to the immigration desks.
The Kenya Airports Authority has set up self check-in kiosks for from which they can print out their boarding passes. This facility is currently only available for KQ, SAA and KLM passengers
Immigration have set up a passport control desk at various JKIA entry and exit points to ensure that passengers’ travelling documents are in order.
All airlines have set up transfer desks within the departure halls. Passengers are advised to contact their respective airlines for assistance.
Follow our step-by-step guide below to ensure a smooth and hassle-free check-in.
Most airline check-in counters open at least 2 hours before your flight, and some also offer early and online check-in. We encourage you to check-in at least 2 hours before your departure time.
- Pack all your luggage, including your Hand-Carried Luggage, according to security guidelines.
- When you arrive at the airport, refer to the Flight Information Display Screens for your airline’s check-in row information.
- Approach the check-in counter with your travel documents (valid passport, air ticket or booking confirmation, and visa if applicable).
- Check that you are issued with the correct boarding passes and that your travel documents are in order before leaving the check-in counter.
- Enter the Departure Hall and enjoy our airpot’s transit facilities like dining and shopping!
- Remember to get to your boarding gate early for security checks!
As check-in operations and requirements vary by airline, do check with your airline representative or the ground handling agent for more information.