Permanent Security Passes
- Application for permanent security passes are done at the Kenya Airports Authority Headquarters.
Temporary Security Pass
- Kenya Airports Authority provides this to the public who may want to access the Airport restricted areas issued at the discretion of the Managing Director, General Manager Security or the Airport Manager.
- Valid reasons with documentary evidence should be given when applying for a security pass.
- Temporary Security passes are issued at KAA Headquarters, 5th floor.
- You will be requested to leave you identity card/ passport/ driving license at the security office, before being issued with a security pass.
Security Checks for Airport Staff
- All officers at the Airport will be required to go through security checks when reporting on duty or accessing restricted area of the Airport.
- Entrance and exits to and from restricted area is through the staff gates.
- Before entering the restricted area you will be required to put any item that you may be carrying through the X- Ray machine, and go through the walk through Metal Detector/ Arch way detector. It is advised that you remove all metal objects on your body, including belts and put them through the X- Ray machine (small baskets are provided at the screening points for these objects), before walking through the detector.
- These you collect on the other side of the screening machine
Conditions for Security Pass
It is Mandatory for any applicant of an Airport Pass to read and understand the set conditions for a pass (Download link provided below) before printing and signing the form. The signed form should be submitted together with the signed declaration by the applicant.
Download: Conditions for Security Pass
Download: Airport Security Pass Charges Circular
Download: JKIA Stakeholder And Operator Renewal Circular
Download: New Applicant Pass Form
Download: Airport Pass Renewal Form 2015
Download: KAA Pass Loss