The Kenya Airports Authority (KAA) was established in 1991 under the KAA Act to provide Aviation infrastructure, facilities and services for economic, social and humanitarian activities. Guided by the above mandate, the Authority is seeking to fill the under listed vacant position.
The job holder is responsible for planning, developing and driving the HR Strategies, policies and procedures in order to attract, retain and enhance capacity that optimizes employee productivity in line with the Corporate Strategy.
Employment Terms: 3 Years’ Contract
Reports to: Managing Director/CEO
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership to the HR Core Team in preparing, implementing and reviewing the HR Strategy, Policies and Procedures.
- Provides and implements an effective recruitment and selection process identifying quality candidates
- Develops and supervises the implementation of the organization-wide performance management system that is aligned to Strategy
- Develops and implements a competitive compensation and benefits system that enables the organization to attract and retain high caliber employees.
- Identifies and addresses strategic remuneration and benefit issues
- Implements a Job Evaluation System with an appropriate level of organization accountability
- Guides the implementation of the Industrial Relations Policy by interpreting impact of changes in labour Laws on strategic business decisions
- Ensures fair and equitable application of policies and procedures consistent with labour related legislations affecting conditions of employment and recommend appropriate changes
- Participates in CBA negotiations and advises management on implementation
- Ensures performance measures are designed to evaluate performance against the strategic plan;
- Ensures reporting on work done into the reporting structures in the Authority on a monthly; quarterly or annual basis
- Plays a senior leadership role in bringing the Authority’s internal community along to support the outputs delivered by developing effective and strategic relationships
- Plays a senior leadership role in bringing external stakeholders along with the Authority through open, professional and proactive engagement and with enforcement partners in relation to specific cases.
- Builds a highly effective team, by leading, managing and motivating staff and by directing and coaching them where appropriate, so that they achieve excellence in delivery.
- Develops and supervises the implementation of an effective employee relations program that enhances a good employer/employee relationship
- Effectively represents the organization in the Pensions Board of Trustees
- Develops a robust internal communications medium for staff
- Develops and guides in the implementation of human capital programs, training and development, career and succession planning, staff promotions etc.
- Develops and implements organization wide change management programs that are aligned to the Authority’s Vision and Mission
- Ensures good maintenance and improvement of KAA Quality Management System (QMS)
- Any other role as may be assigned and/or designed.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience required for this position
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution of higher learning
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Membership of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM) with a Current/ Valid Practicing Certificate
- Minimum of Eight (8) years relevant Management experience
- Proven / Demonstrable experience in Labour Relations
- Computer literacy with working experience gained in a highly automated ERP environment
- Relevant working experience in the Public Sector is desirable
- Masters Level qualification is desirable
- Professional Certification as Human Resource Professional (CHRP (K) is desirable
- Certification under Trustee Development Program Kenya (TDPK) is desirable
Kenya Airports Authority (KAA) believes that the advancement and success of any organization is primarily due to the strength, quality and efficiency of its Human Resource. The Authority believes in having an engaged, highly motivated and results-oriented workforce in delivering sustainable corporate performance.
If you are interested in the above position and you meet the above criteria, please send in your application attaching copies of relevant certificates and testimonials, a full resume/curriculum vitae highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address and names of three (3) professional referees who can speak of your competence, character and integrity in word document (.doc/.docx) to email@example.com or in hard copy to;
Managing Director / CEO
Kenya Airports Authority
KAA Head Office, Airport North Road
P.O Box 19001-00501, Nairobi Kenya
Please indicate the Job Reference on the email Title line or on the Envelope
Your application should reach us on or before Tuesday, 16th July 2019.
APPLICANTS WHO HAD EARLIER APPLIED ARE ENCOURAGED TO RE- APPLY.
KAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note that canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In Line with Chapter Six, of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, shortlisted candidates for each position will also be required to;
- Provide a Certificate of Tax Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Present a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Submit a Declaration of Wealth to the relevant Authorities
- A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- Successfully pass Vetting