Kenya Airports Authority (KAA) was established in 1991 under the KAA Act to provide facilitative infrastructure for aviation services in Kenya. Guided by the above mandate, the Authority is seeking to fill the position of General Manager, Marketing & Business Development.
Overall Job Purpose
The General Manager, Marketing & Business Development is responsible for developing and driving marketing and business development strategies to enhance business growth, improve customer service and brand value in line with the Authority’s Strategic Plan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The General Manager, Marketing & Business Development will:
- Develop and implement Marketing and Business development plans, policies and procedures in line with the Strategic Plan. These include: (a) Annual Budget, (b)Marketing Plan, (c)Procurement Plan (d) Land use plan
- Develop and implement strategies to position JKIA as the premier regional aviation hub;
- Develop and implement a cargo development strategy for the Authority;
- Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of strategic, tactical and operational customer engagement plans, programs, and initiatives to align with KAA’s customer service vision and strategies;
- Advise on customer satisfaction measures, customer experience strategies, programs, initiatives and emerging issues to enable strategic decision making;
- Develop and implement new business initiatives in consultation with airports, other departments and stakeholders;
- Develop and implement retail plans for the optimization of commercial space and customer satisfaction;
- Maintain and review the directory of tenants, concessionaires and operators, formulate and implement strategies to enhance the KAA brand;
- Supervise the development of signage and other communication infrastructure across the Authority’s airports and airstrips;
- Maintain and improve Quality Management Systems in the Marketing & Business Development department; and
- Ensure compliance with statutory Acts, established strategies, plans, policies and procedures.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Have a Bachelor Degree in Business or Business Management from a recognized institution of higher learning. A Master’s Degree is an added advantage;
- Have a Minimum of twelve (12) years practical and relevant working experience four (4) of which will be in a senior management/ leadership position;
- Be a Member of the Marketing Society of Kenya; and
- Have Good communication and interpersonal skills.
In fulfillment of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, applicants shall also be required to attach copies of:
- Certificate of Tax Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Valid Certificate of Clearance from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
A three (3) year contract of employment with an attractive and competitive package will be offered to the appointed candidate.
If you believe you clearly meet the relevant criteria for this role, please submit your application attaching copies of your curriculum vitae, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, clearance certificates as required under Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, current and expected remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees, via electronic mail to email@example.com or in hard copy quoting the reference number Ref: M&BD/GM/JULY2021, to:
Managing Director / CEO
Kenya Airports Authority
KAA Head Office, Airport North Road
P.O Box 19001-00501, Nairobi Kenya
To be considered, your application must be received not later than Friday, 6th August, 2021 addressed to the contact provided above. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. KAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women, Persons with Disability, Minority & Marginalised Groups are encouraged to apply.