The Kenya Airports Authority (KAA) is a Statutory Parastatal established in 1991 under the KAA Act (Cap 395). KAA’s mandate is to provide Aviation infrastructure, facilities and services for economic, social and humanitarian activities in the Aviation industry.
KAA believes that the advancement and success of any organization is primarily due to the strength, quality and efficiency of its Human Resource. The Authority believes in having an engaged, highly motivated and results-oriented workforce in delivering sustainable corporate performance.
KAA has established a one (1) year internship/ apprenticeship program, which aims at exposing the degree/diploma holders joining the labour market to a real work environment in order to enhance their employability by creating clear linkage between education, training and work.
The program is open in the following functions of the Authority; Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA), Headquarters (HQS), Wilson Airport (WAP) and Kisumu International Airport (KIA);
|No.||Job Title||Station/Function||Number Required|
|1||Civil Technician||JKIA(2) WAP (1)||3|
|2||Electricians||JKIA(2) WAP (3) KIA (2)||7|
|3||Mechanics||JKIA(3) WAP (1)||4|
|4||Electronics Technician||WAP (1)||1|
|5||Electro- Mechanical||JKIA(3) KIA (1)||4|
|7||Plumbers||JKIA(3) WAP (2)||5|
|8||Building Technician||WAP (1)||1|
|10||Bird & Wildlife Control||JKIA(3)||3|
|11||Ground Flight Safety||JKIA(1)||1|
|12||Finance||JKIA(1) HQS (3)||4|
|14||Procurement & Logistics||JKIA(1) HQS (2) KIA(1)||4|
|15||Human Resource||JKIA(1) HQS (3)||4|
|16||Marketing & Business Development||JKIA(1) HQS (1)||2|
Requirements and Qualifications
For appointment to an internship/apprenticeship position, a candidate must have;
- Diploma in Civil, Electrical, Electronics, Electro- Mechanical, Mason, Plumber, Mechanic, Building and Carpentry.
- Degree in Biological Sciences (Zoology, Environmental Sciences, Conservation Biology, Natural Resources Management and Wildlife Management
- Diploma in Airport Operations
- Relevant Degree in Finance, ICT, Human Resource Management, Marketing and Business Development, Corporate Planning, Legal and Procurement & Logistics
- Completed a first Bachelors’ degree/ Diploma within a period of not more than three years from the closing date of this advertisement.
- Provide recommendation/reference letter from University/ College attended
Personal Attributes Required
- Be a person of Integrity
- Must be goal oriented, dynamic, self- motivated and passionate individual
- Possess excellent Interpersonal and communication Skills
- Must be a team player and have the ability to solve problems
- Be proficient in computer skills
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- The Authority does not guarantee employment after completion of the internship program
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Diversity balance considerations will be applied in the selection process
- Beneficiaries of the internship program from any other institution are not eligible;
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
If you are interested and you meet the above criteria, please send in your application letter attaching certified copies of relevant certificates and testimonials, a resume/curriculum vitae, copy of national identity card, valid certificate of good conduct, daytime phone contact, email address and names of three (3) referees who can speak of your competence, character and integrity in word document (.doc/.docx) to email@example.com or in hard copy to;
General Manager, Human Resource Development
Kenya Airports Authority
KAA Head Office, Airport North Road
PO Box 19001-00501, Nairobi Kenya
Please indicate the Job Title on the Email Title line or on the Envelope. Your application should reach us on or before Tuesday, 10th March 2020.
Women, Persons with Disability, Minority & Marginalized Groups are encouraged to apply.