Job Purpose: Airport Manager, Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) is accountable to General Manager, Operations & Safety and is responsible for safe and efficient operations of the airport on daily basis covering both passengers and cargo hubs. He/She ensures all aspects of the airport are fully functioning and compliant with established regulations and standards of Customer Service. Works with employees, service providers and other stakeholders from commercial sector, government, regulatory authorities, security agencies and the community to provide exceptional seamless safe and efficient service to passengers and customers.
Employment Terms: Contract
Reports to: General Manager, Operations & Safety
1. Works with employees, service providers and other stakeholders from commercial sector, government, regulatory authorities, security agencies and the community to provide exceptional seamless safe and efficient service to passengers and customers.
2. Ensures realization of revenue targets and the running of JKIA as a profitable operation.
3. Prepares and implements business development plans for the Airport to enhance growth in partnership with airport stakeholders.
4. Develops, reviews, implements Airport strategic plan and objectives
5. Develops reviews and implements Airport Master Plan in consultation with airport stakeholders
6. Prepares, develops and monitors recurrent and capital budgets for the financial well-being of the facility, maximizes revenue generation, collection and banking
7. Manages and directs the implementation and compliance with Civil Aviation Standards and recommends practices in airport operations, facilitation, security and safety and other regulatory requirement.
8. Meets and maintains compliance with Airport certification requirements at all times.
9. Develops and implements airport environmental programs
10. Ensures maintenance and improvement of KAA Quality Management System (QMS), Safety Management System (SMS), Customer Service Standards and other statutory audits.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience required for this position
• A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution of higher learning
• Master’s degree Level qualification
• Relevant certification in Airport Operations and Airport Safety
• Minimum of 10 years working experience with at least 4 years’ experience gained in a senior management /leadership position with hands on experience and proven track record in operations, safety, customer, people and relationship management
• Working knowledge of and/or demonstrable ability to quickly absorb and understand global and local regulations pertaining to the aviation industry and operations of State Corporations.
• Proficiency in IT with practical working experience gained in a highly automated ERP environment such is SAP is essential.
Kenya Airports Authority (KAA) believes that the advancement and success of any organization is primarily due the strength, quality and efficiency of its Human Resource. The Authority believes in having an engaged, highly motivated and results-oriented workforce in delivering sustainable corporate performance.
If you are interested in any of the above positions and you meet the above criteria, please send in your application attaching a full resume/curriculum vitae highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address and names of three (3) professional referees who can speak of their competence, character and integrity in word document (.doc/.docx) to firstname.lastname@example.org or in hard copy to;
General Manager, Human Resource Development
Kenya Airports Authority
KAA Head Office, Airport North Road
P O Box 19001-00501, Nairobi Kenya
Please indicate the Job Reference on the email Title line or on the Envelope
Your application should reach us on or before 10th October 2017.
KAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note that canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In Line with Chapter Six, of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, shortlisted candidates for each position will also be required to;
• Provide a Certificate of Tax Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
• Present a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
• Submit a Declaration of Wealth to the relevant Authorities
• Clearance from the Ethics & Ant-Corruption Commission (EACC)
• A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
• Successfully pass Vetting