The job holder provides leadership for engineering projects, manages donor funded projects and co-ordinates activities under the consultancy and construction contracts to meet project implementation targets.
Employment Terms: Permanent
Reports to: General Manager, Projects & Engineering Services
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews and approves project designs, specifications and construction plans to meet the Authority’s requirements, National and International regulatory requirements.
- Undertakes project supervision to ensure compliance with specifications and conditions of contract as set out in the contract agreement.
- Liaises with consultants, contractors and stakeholders to ensure efficient and effective performance of project works with minimum interference in airport operations.
- Follows up with donor, government departments and other relevant bodies to ensure necessary external project approvals are obtained on time.
- Monitors consultants and contractors to ensure all inspections, commissioning tests are carried out to confirm quality of completed works.
- Monitors quality assurance measures to ensure they are followed by the contractor and the consultant for compliance with set standards of the works.
- Monitors project budget utilization in liaison with finance to ensure adequate provision during the project cycle
- Provides leadership to the project management team and the other project stakeholders directly involved.
- Prepares periodic and ad-hoc project reports to ensure adherence to set project milestones.
- Ensures good maintenance and improvement of KAA Quality Management System (QMS) and Safety Management Systems (SMS)
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience required for this position
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s level Qualification is desirable
- Relevant Professional Project Management Qualifications
- Membership with relevant professional body at professional level qualification
- Minimum Ten (10) years relevant work experience with at least three (3) years Managerial level
Kenya Airports Authority (KAA) believes that the advancement and success of any organization is primarily due to the strength, quality and efficiency of its Human Resource. The Authority believes in having an engaged, highly motivated and results-oriented workforce in delivering sustainable corporate performance.
If you are interested in any of the above positions and you meet the above criteria, please send in your application attaching copies of relevant certificates and testimonials, a full resume/curriculum vitae highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address and names of three (3) professional referees who can speak of your competence, character and integrity in word document (.doc/.docx) to firstname.lastname@example.org or in hard copy to;
General Manager, Human Resource Development
Kenya Airports Authority
KAA Head Office, Airport North Road
P O Box 19001-00501, Nairobi Kenya
Please indicate the Job Reference on the email Title line or on the Envelope
Your application should reach us on or before TUESDAY, 7TH AUGUST 2018.
KAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note that canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In Line with Chapter Six, of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, shortlisted candidates for each position will also be required to;
- Provide a Certificate of Tax Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Present a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance from the Ethics & Ant-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Submit a Declaration of Wealth to the relevant Authorities
- A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- Successfully pass Vetting