The Civil Engineer is involved in engineering design, project costing, tender documentation, tendering processes, project management, and construction supervision as well as oversee maintenance of airport infrastructure.
Employment Terms: Permanent and Pensionable
Reports to: Manager, Maintenance & Standards
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and designs airport civil engineering developments/ improvements in line with the Master Plan for review and approval.
- Participates in preparation of the Engineering department budget proposals to ensure that engineering works are planned
- Prepares tender documentation for tendering
- Liaises with Contractors, Consultants and stakeholders to ensure efficient and effective performance of the project works with minimum interference in airport operations
- Undertakes projects supervision as per plan of works
- Ensures quality assurance measures are followed for compliance with set standards of the civil works.
- Receives and evaluates project fee notes for approval.
- Maintains records of the civil works project cycle at all stages from inception to the end and ensures project close out in line with the project agreement
- Ensures post-contract period management/supervision services and to ascertain that warrantees have been provided, and the completed facilities meet operational targets/requirements.
- Prepares proposals for use by different departments either in budgeting, estimates or decision –making & prepares civil engineering facilities status reports and action programmes to sustain / upgrade service standards.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience required for this position
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree
- Membership to professional bodies such as Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK) and membership of Institute of Engineers of Kenya (IEK)
- A Minimum of Eight (8) years of work experience with at least three (3) years Managerial/Supervisory experience
Kenya Airports Authority (KAA) believes that the advancement and success of any organization is primarily due the strength, quality and efficiency of its Human Resource. The Authority believes in having an engaged, highly motivated and results-oriented workforce in delivering sustainable corporate performance.
If you are interested in any of the above positions and you meet the above criteria, please send in your application attaching copies of relevant certificates and testimonials, a full resume/curriculum vitae highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address and names of three (3) professional referees who can speak of your competence, character and integrity in word document (.doc/.docx) to email@example.com or in hard copy to;
General Manager, Human Resource Development
Kenya Airports Authority
KAA Head Office, Airport North Road
P O Box 19001-00501, Nairobi Kenya
Please indicate the Job Reference on the email Title line or on the Envelope
Your application should reach us on or before TUESDAY, 22ND MAY 2018.
KAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please note that canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In Line with Chapter Six, of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, shortlisted candidates for each position will also be required to;
- Provide a Certificate of Tax Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Present a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance from the Ethics & Ant-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Submit a Declaration of Wealth to the relevant Authorities
- A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- Successfully pass Vetting