Kenya Airports Authority (KAA) was established in 1991 under the KAA Act to provide facilitative infrastructure for aviation services in Kenya.
Guided by the above mandate, the Authority is seeking to fill the position of General Manager, Finance.
Overall Job Purpose
The General Manager, Finance is responsible for ensuring efficient management of all financial resources of the Authority through sound strategy/policy formulation and implementation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The General Manager, Finance will:
1. Be the Head of Finance Department and a member of senior management;
2. Provide leadership in the development and review of the Authority’s medium and long term strategies;
3. Custodian of financial policies and processes and standard operating procedure manuals;
4. Identify remedial actions to address shortfalls in financial performance in liaison with departmental heads by identifying revenue enhancement and cost efficiency opportunities;
5. Oversee the investment appraisal of projects and alternative investment plans;
6. Develop strategic partnerships with financial partners to support business growth;
7. Formulate, implement and maintain accounting and administrative policies and procedures and ensures compliance thereto;
8. Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for revenues, expenses, cash management, creditors, debtors, fixed assets, petty cash;
9. Establish guidelines for budget preparation and prepare annual budget in consultation with other departments;
10. Oversee the management of cash flows and preparation of cash flow forecasts;
11. Execute reporting and review processes and ensures preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements and annual accounts in line with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
12. Identify and implement efficient cost control strategies;
13. Formulate and implement sound investment policies;
14. Ensure timely updating of Finance Division’s Risk Register;
15. Facilitate external (statutory) and internal audits;
16. Ensure performance measures are designed to evaluate performance against the strategic plan;
17. Ensure effective teamwork during implementation of the Authority’s strategic plan;
18. Ensure adherence to policies, procedures regulatory and statutory guidelines;
19. Oversee the implementation of recommendations of audit (external and internal), risk and compliance and other investigations;
20. Set performance expectations and conduct performance management evaluations in a timely manner to ensure superior levels of performance are maintained;
21. Develop and maintain timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements;
22. Prepare Board papers as per Board work plan and calendar;
23. Build a highly effective team, by leading, managing and motivating staff and by directing and coaching them where appropriate, so that they achieve excellence in delivery;
24. Manage the skills development for staff to ensure that training needs are properly identified and appropriate training is arranged; and
25. Develop and Implement Quality Management Systems, QMS.
Key Qualifications and Experience
1. Have a Bachelor Degree in Finance or Accounting from a recognized institution; of higher learning. A Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Projects Planning and Management or a related field is an added advantage;
2. Have a Minimum of twelve (12) years practical and relevant working experience four (4) of which will be in a senior management/ leadership position;
3. Must have Professional qualifications in Finance or Accounting e.g. CPA, K, ACCA or equivalent
4. Must be a Member of ICPAK
5. Have Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Skills and Competences
1. A strategic leader and conceptual thinker with exceptional analytical skills;
2. Considerable knowledge of principles, methods and practices of governmental accounting and budgeting;
3. Effective communication with good interpersonal skills;
4. A team player; and
5. Ability to meet strict deadlines.
In fulfilment of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, applicants shall also be required to attach copies of:
1. Certificate of Tax Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
2. Valid Certificate of Clearance from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
3. Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
4. Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
5. A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
A three (3) year contract of employment with an attractive and competitive package as per the Salaries & Remuneration Commission (SRC) Guidelines will be offered to the appointed candidate.
If you believe you clearly meet the relevant criteria for this role, please submit your application attaching copies of your curriculum vitae, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, clearance certificates as required under Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, current and expected remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees, via electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or in hard copy quoting the reference number Ref: F/GM/SEPT2021 to:
Managing Director / CEO
Kenya Airports Authority
KAA Head Office, Airport North Road
P. O Box 19001-00501, Nairobi Kenya
To be considered, your application must be received not later than Monday, 11th October 2021 addressed to the contact provided above. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. KAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women, Persons with Disability, Minority & Marginalised Groups are encouraged to apply.