The job holder is responsible for planning, development and maintenance of sustainable infrastructure in airports and airstrips.
Employment Terms: Contract
Reports to: Managing Director/CEO
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures performance measures are designed to evaluate performance against the strategic plan
- Plays a senior leadership role in bringing the Authority’s internal community along to support the outputs delivered by developing effective and strategic relationships
- Develops and reviews Airports Master Plans in order to accommodate traffic growth and changing business trends.
- Carries out project feasibility studies and recommends to management on the projects viability and prioritization
- Responsible for planning, development, implementation and maintenance of infrastructure projects
- Ensures infrastructure and facilities are maintained to meet safety, security and customer needs.
- Prepares status reports on engineering infrastructure and facilities and action plans to sustain / upgrade facilities
- Liaises with Legal Department on land use planning and contract preparation on various contracts.
- Prepares and maintains project status, completion reports and projects post construction supervision services
- Ensures good maintenance and improvement of KAA Quality Management System (QMS)
- Any other role as may be assigned and/or designed.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience required for this position
- Relevant Technical Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s level Qualification is desirable
- Relevant professional Project Management Qualifications
- Minimum Twelve (12) years relevant work experience with four (4) years in a Senior Management position
- Membership with relevant professional body at professional level qualification
- Experience working with or interacting with a Board
Kenya Airports Authority (KAA) believes that the advancement and success of any organization is primarily due to the strength, quality and efficiency of its Human Resource. The Authority believes in having an engaged, highly motivated and results-oriented workforce in delivering sustainable corporate performance.
If you are interested in any of the above positions and you meet the above criteria, please send in your application attaching copies of relevant certificates and testimonials, a full resume/curriculum vitae highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address and names of three (3) professional referees who can speak of your competence, character and integrity in word document (.doc/.docx) to email@example.com or in hard copy to;
General Manager, Human Resource Development
Kenya Airports Authority
KAA Head Office, Airport North Road
P O Box 19001-00501, Nairobi Kenya
Please indicate the Job Reference on the email Title line or on the Envelope
Your application should reach us on or before TUESDAY, 7TH AUGUST 2018.
KAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note that canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In Line with Chapter Six, of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, shortlisted candidates for each position will also be required to;
- Provide a Certificate of Tax Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Present a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance from the Ethics & Ant-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Submit a Declaration of Wealth to the relevant Authorities
- A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- Successfully pass Vetting