The job holder is responsible for coordinating human resource planning and recruitment activities to ensure optimal staff availability in the Authority.
Employment Terms: Permanent
Reports to: General Manager, Human Resource Development
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements HR policies, strategies, procedures and standards to ensure compliance with HR Strategy and Corporate Human Resource Planning and Recruitment.
- Develops and analyses corporate manpower plans and supports line managers in forecasting manpower requirements through manpower demands and supply forecast plans that meet human resource requirements and ensures head count compliance.
- Implements Human Resource Plans to bridge staffing gaps and deal with surplus capacity through co-ordination of recruitment, selection and placement of staff as per the approved organizational structure.
- Evaluates manpower proposals and requirements from Functions and Stations and recommends appropriate manpower levels.
- Carries out organizational staff surveys, job analysis and work studies to optimize prevailing manpower levels.
- Reviews work methods/ processes and redesigns jobs to enhance efficiency and productivity while advising line Functions on queries related to manpower planning, job grading and organization of functions.
- Reviews Corporate Organization structures and Functional set ups to ensure they effectively respond to new business needs.
- Ensures accurate employee information in Human Resource Information System (HRIS) for efficiency and effectiveness of HR decisions and service delivery.
- Supports line managers in the development and review of Job Descriptions to create clarity for efficient and effective job performance and improvements
- Ensures accurate implementation of the staff benefit schemes for accuracy of payments.
- Ensures good maintenance and improvement of KAA Quality Management System (QMS) and Safety Management Systems (SMS
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience required for this position
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s level Qualification is desirable
- Relevant professional Qualifications
- Membership with relevant professional body at professional level qualification
- Valid professional Practicing license
- Minimum Eight (8) years relevant work experience with at least three (3) years Managerial experience
Kenya Airports Authority (KAA) believes that the advancement and success of any organization is primarily due to the strength, quality and efficiency of its Human Resource. The Authority believes in having an engaged, highly motivated and results-oriented workforce in delivering sustainable corporate performance.
If you are interested in any of the above positions and you meet the above criteria, please send in your application attaching copies of relevant certificates and testimonials, a full resume/curriculum vitae highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address and names of three (3) professional referees who can speak of your competence, character and integrity in word document (.doc/.docx) to firstname.lastname@example.org or in hard copy to;
General Manager, Human Resource Development
Kenya Airports Authority
KAA Head Office, Airport North Road
P O Box 19001-00501, Nairobi Kenya
Please indicate the Job Reference on the email Title line or on the Envelope
Your application should reach us on or before TUESDAY, 7TH AUGUST 2018.
KAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note that canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In Line with Chapter Six, of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, shortlisted candidates for each position will also be required to;
- Provide a Certificate of Tax Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Present a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance from the Ethics & Ant-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Submit a Declaration of Wealth to the relevant Authorities
- A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Successfully pass Vetting