Job Purpose: The position holder is responsible for development and implementation of contracts to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulations affecting the Authority.
Employment Terms: Permanent and Pensionable
Reports to: Corporation Secretary
1. Drafts, evaluates and negotiates all procurement contracts and related documentation within the prescribed period based on strategy discussions, senior management input, and organizational needs and expectations
2. Oversees organizational contract development and management activities
3. Enforces organizational principles of integrity and compliance
4. Monitors and evaluate documentation management by users and reports progress to facilitate timely decision making and timely implementation or completion of projects
5. Conducts contract strategy meetings to identify issues and client requirements, facilitates pricing discussions and obtain senior management input on timelines and deliverables
6. Maintains contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondences, customer contact information sheets, contractual changes, status reports and other documents for all projects
7. Actively engages and contributes to the development and review of the relevant policies and procedures and approach within the organization to ensure continued compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
8. Assists the Corporation Secretary to provide a professional advisory service to the Board of Directors and Board Committees on corporate governance issues and statutory requirements
9. Maintains a record of the updated laws, regulations, Board and Committee Charters, Governance Policies, Regulatory Statements and any other important governance documents that may need to be referenced by the Board.
10. Coordinate board meetings, trainings, tours and other activities for board members
11. Represents the Corporation Secretary on designated management committees including the Integrity Committee to ensure adherence to the law, policy framework and ethical behavior
12. Ensures that the Corporation complies with the regulatory environment affecting its operations by liaising with the Government, regulatory bodies and international organizations such as ICAO and ACI
13. Ensures maintenance and improvement of KAA Quality Management System (QMS), Safety Management System (SMS), Customer Service Standards and other statutory audits.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience required for this position
• A Bachelor’s degree in Law from a recognized institution of higher learning
• A Master’s degree Level Qualification
• Diploma from the Kenya School of Law
• Membership to the Law Society of Kenya.
• A Certified Public Secretary and member of the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya
• Minimum of 8 years relevant working experience with at least 5 years in a senior management /leadership position with hands on experience
• Working knowledge of and/or demonstrable ability to quickly absorb and understand global and local regulations pertaining to the aviation industry and operations of State Corporations.
• Proficiency in IT with working experience gained in a highly automated ERP environment
Applicants who had applied for the earlier advertisement made on 5th September 2017 are free to apply again.
Kenya Airports Authority (KAA) believes that the advancement and success of any organization is primarily due the strength, quality and efficiency of its Human Resource. The Authority believes in having an engaged, highly motivated and results-oriented workforce in delivering sustainable corporate performance.
If you are interested in any of the above positions and you meet the above criteria, please send in your application attaching a full resume/curriculum vitae highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address and names of three (3) professional referees who can speak of their competence, character and integrity in word document (.doc/.docx) to email@example.com or in hard copy to;
General Manager, Human Resource Development
Kenya Airports Authority
KAA Head Office, Airport North Road
P O Box 19001-00501, Nairobi Kenya
Please indicate the Job Reference on the email Title line or on the Envelope
Your application should reach us on or before 10th October 2017.
KAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note that canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In Line with Chapter Six, of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, shortlisted candidates for each position will also be required to;
• Provide a Certificate of Tax Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
• Present a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
• Submit a Declaration of Wealth to the relevant Authorities
• Clearance from the Ethics & Ant-Corruption Commission (EACC)
• A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
• Successfully pass Vetting