The Kenya Airports Authority (KAA) was established in 1991 under the KAA Act to provide Aviation infrastructure, facilities and services for economic, social and humanitarian activities.
Guided by the above mandate, the Authority is seeking to recruit a result oriented, visionary and transformational Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer who will drive the organisation to deliver its mandate.
Overall Job Purpose
The Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is the Accounting Officer of the Authority and is responsible to the Board for day-to-day management and co-ordination of activities in the Authority; executing strategy, generating revenue, engaging customers and stakeholders, managing risk and ensuring compliance, driving performance and growing talent.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The CEO will:
- Provide coherent leadership of the Authority, lead the senior management team in the day-to-day running of the Authority and delivery of the organisations mandate and strategic intent at a time of growth and change in the market and the industry as a whole;
- Engage with key stakeholders in the development and delivery of strategic customer, government and sector-wide aviation initiatives;
- Prepare and present to the Board for deliberation and approval the strategy, long-term capital investment plan, annual budgets and procurement plans that delivery the strategic objectives of the Authority;
- Drive maximum utilisation and productivity from all the Authority’s assets, ensuring a positive return on all capital investment and operating expenditure, enhancing the balance between aeronautical and non-aeronautical revenues;
- Ensure the Authority has adequate systems and processes of accountability, risk management and internal control;
- Create a high performance organisation driven by talented and competent staff who consistently deliver outstanding results;
- Model the organisation’s values and drive the desired culture; and
- Ensure that all the Authority’s policies and operations adhere to and conform to all legal, statutory and regulatory guidelines.
Key qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate MUST:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised institution of higher learning. A Master’s Degree is desirable and certification in aviation is an added advantage;
- Have a minimum of 15 years’ working experience, 10 of which will be in a senior management/leadership position with hands on experience and direct responsibility for effectively delivering strategic objectives, generating substantial revenues, managing significant capital and operational budgets, and realising positive cash flows and profits;
- Be an outstanding communicator, have strong people management skills, excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to build relationships at all levels with diverse stakeholders and cause positive outcomes;
- Be a strategic thinker with good commercial acumen and able to identify economic opportunities in a dynamic environment, take calculated risks, and capitalising on them;
- Demonstrate competence in managing and delivering large-scale infrastructure projects;
- Demonstrate decisiveness and adaptability, able to drive change and transformation
- Be biased towards taking timely actions, and be a high achiever; and
- Have experience working with or interacting with a Board.
In Line with Chapter Six, of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, applicants will also be required to provide:
- A Valid Certificate of Tax Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- A Valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC), i.e., Certified copy of duly completed First Schedule (S.13) Self Declaration form from EACC
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
A three (3) year contract of employment with an attractive and competitive package will be offered to the appointed candidate.
If you believe you clearly meet the relevant criteria for this role, please attach copies of relevant certificates and testimonials, a full resume/curriculum vitae highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address and names of three (3) professional referees who can speak of your competence, character and integrity, and clearly quoting the relevant reference number Ref: MD-CEO/KAA/02/2020.
For more details on the above position visit https://www2.deloitte.com/ke/en/careers/executive-search-recruitment.html and send your application to reach us no later than 06 March 2020, addressed to the contact provided below. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Deloitte Place, Waiyaki Way Westlands,
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted. All applications MUST be submitted through the e-recruitment portal to be considered.
The Kenya Airports Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.