- Job Purpose
The job holder will be responsible for providing oversight of the preventive maintenance program, upkeep of infrastructure and operational systems, budget management, planning, organizing and work execution at the Airport.
- Liaising with the Airport Manager and General Manager, Projects & Engineering Services on identification of technical projects at the airport level for purposes of planning and budgeting to ensure incorporation in the future airport development plans;
- Liaising with external service providers (KPLC, Nairobi Water & Sewerage Co. and International manufacturers of specialized airport equipment;
- Motivating and nurturing the department to achieve excellence in capability to achieve overall objectives;
- Ensuring reporting on work done into the reporting structures in the Institution on a monthly; quarterly or annual basis;
- Take responsibility for the reports emerging from the division and all documentation sent to the Head of Department.
- Overseeing division’s budgeting, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, cash flow and debt management;
- Providing administrative leadership in the management of engineering works and services to a team of technical personnel through regular meetings and briefs to ensure the daily activities are well planned and implemented;
- Developing and implementing a dynamic preventive maintenance and monitoring schedule for all Engineering activities and services with direct supervision of the various sections (Mechanical, electronics, electrical, building and civil);
- Preparing of specifications and tender documents for all the engineering works at the airport to ensure timely procurement and subsequent delivery of the required services and goods in liaison with the General Manager Projects and Engineering Services and Manager Procurement;
- Developing the airport annual engineering services budget in liaison with the airport technical team and manage the implementation of the approved budget to ensure that approved limits are not exceeded and that planned works and services are carried out in a timely manner, efficiently and cost effectively;
- Participating in cross-functional and departmental team meetings in order to provide technical advice on all engineering services; and
- Overseeing the smooth running of various technical workshops (Mechanical, electrical, electronics) to ensure they are well maintained all the time.
- Key Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Civil & Structural Engineering, Building & Construction, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering from a recognized institution
- Member of Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK)
- Registration with Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK)
- Minimum of eight (8) years relevant working experience with at least 3 years at a managerial/supervisory level
- Skills and Competencies
Teamwork, good communication, interpersonal, supervisory and analytical skills
Terms and Conditions of Service
The Corporation Secretary and General Manager positions shall be for a three (3) year contract term renewable subject to satisfactory performance or attainment of mandatory retirement age whichever happens earlier. The other positions will be on permanent and pensionable terms as per the provisions of the Authority’s Human Resource Policy and Procedures Manual.
Documents to be submitted by the Applicants
Application letter should be accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), a daytime phone contact, email address, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees and copies of academic and relevant professional certificates.
Kindly note that prospective applicants can only apply for a single position which they consider themselves most suitable. Multiple applications for different positions will not be considered.
The full details of the advertisement can be accessed onKAA Website https://www.kaa.go.ke under Careers Section for detailed job descriptions, requirements for appointment and instructions on how to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit the following clearance certificates as per the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010:
(i) Police Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
(ii) Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
(iii) Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
(iv) Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
(v) Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
The clearance certificates should be valid and current.
The self-declaration Form from EACC should indicate the respective position that is being applied for.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates shall be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to provide original National Identity Card, Academic and Professional Certificates during the interview.
Submission of Applications
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications via electronic mail [email protected] or in hard copy quoting the Job Reference on the Email title line or on the envelope to:.
Managing Director / CEO
Kenya Airports Authority
KAA Head Office, Airport North Road
P. O Box 19001-00501, Nairobi Kenya.
To be considered, your application must be received not later than Monday, 21st August, 2023 at 5.00pm East African Time addressed to the contact provided above.
KAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities, Minority & Marginalized Groups are encouraged to apply.
Canvasing in any form or failure to attach any of the stipulated documents shall lead to automatic disqualification.
- Candidates who had applied for the positions of General Manager, Marketing & Business Development as per the advertisement dated 23rd July, 2021 and the September, 2021 and are still interested are encouraged to re – apply.
- Candidates who had applied for the positions advertised internally on 8th March, 2023 and are still interested are encouraged to re – apply.
- All advertisements of 23rd July, 2021, 28th September, 2021 and 8th March, 2023 have been voided.