The position holder is responsible for overseeing operations of the airport and provide leadership to ensure that all resources are optimally utilized.
Employment Terms: Permanent
Reports to: General Manager, Operations & Safety
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership for airport staff and ensures general co-ordination of all agencies operating within the airport.
- Prepares and implements business development plans for the Airport to enhance growth in partnership with airport stakeholders.
- Develops, reviews and implements Airport strategic plan
- Develops, implements and reviews Airport Master Plan in consultation with airport stakeholders
- Develops, reviews and implements the Airport budget.
- Manages and directs the implementation of civil aviation standards and recommended practices.
- Maintains compliance with Airport certification requirements at all times.
- Ensures implementation of airport environmental programme
- Provides oversight of operations in all Coast region airports/ airstrips.
- Ensures good maintenance and improvement of KAA Quality Management System (QMS) and Safety Management Systems (SMS)
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience required for this position
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s level Qualification is desirable
- Minimum Ten (10) years relevant work experience with at least three (3) years Managerial level.
- Aviation industry experience is highly desirable.
Kenya Airports Authority (KAA) believes that the advancement and success of any organization is primarily due to the strength, quality and efficiency of its Human Resource. The Authority believes in having an engaged, highly motivated and results-oriented workforce in delivering sustainable corporate performance.
If you are interested in any of the above positions and you meet the above criteria, please send in your application attaching copies of relevant certificates and testimonials, a full resume/curriculum vitae highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address and names of three (3) professional referees who can speak of your competence, character and integrity in word document (.doc/.docx) to firstname.lastname@example.org or in hard copy to;
General Manager, Human Resource Development
Kenya Airports Authority
KAA Head Office, Airport North Road
P O Box 19001-00501, Nairobi Kenya
Please indicate the Job Reference on the email Title line or on the Envelope
Your application should reach us on or before TUESDAY, 7TH AUGUST 2018.
KAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note that canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In Line with Chapter Six, of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, shortlisted candidates for each position will also be required to;
- Provide a Certificate of Tax Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Present a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance from the Ethics & Ant-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Submit a Declaration of Wealth to the relevant Authorities
- A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- Successfully pass Vetting