The job holder will be responsible for regulating entry/exit and ground repositioning of aircraft on the apron through radio telephony for orderly movement of air traffic.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Marshalling aircraft into/out of aircraft bay/aircraft parking space for success of arrival and departure activities of the flight turnaround schedules;
- Inspecting the bay to ensure it is free of FODs for the safety of aircraft, passengers, ground crew and ground support equipment and appliances;
- Operating Visual Docking Guidance System (VDGS);
- Operating lead service vehicle (Follow Me Car);
- Guiding flight into and out of allocated bay safely;
- Controlling of ground flight movements using International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) standard and recommended practices;
- Operating passenger boarding bridges for safe embarking and disembarking of passengers;
- Uploading air traffic movement into the Airport Operations Data Base (AODB)/ Daily Aircraft Movement Records (DAMR);
- Enforcing of airside operations safe standard rules and regulations;
- Enforcing airside safety by ensuring that safety regulations, IATA and ICAO and other internationally recognized standards are adhered to all the time;
- Inspecting the Apron for any hazards, Oil spillage, Foreign Object Debris (FODs) to ensure safety of the passengers, aircraft, vehicles, equipment and people on the airside;
- Collecting and recording data to show the number of aircraft handled as well for management decision-making;
- Docking and retracting the air bridges for embarking and disembarking passengers to ensure passenger safety;
- Marshalling and monitoring aircraft movement into and out of the apron through aeronautical radio telephony communication;
- Filling in the daily aircraft records for the billing, parking and air bridge charges;
- Reporting of any incidents / accidents on the ramp for further action;
- Overseeing the refueling of aircraft at the airside to ensure they comply with safety requirements; and
- Directing the safe movement of passengers, vehicles, equipment and airport operators at the airside.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) Grade C or equivalent
- Certificate in Airport Operations will be an added advantage
- Working experience in Ground Flight Safety is an added advantage
- Proficiency in Computer applications.
- Born on or after 1st January, 1998.
Skills and Competencies
Teamwork, good communication and interpersonal skills
Terms and Conditions of Service
The positions will be on a one (1) year contract period.
Documents to be submitted by the Applicants
Application letter should be accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), a daytime phone contact, email address, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees and copies of academic and relevant professional certificates.
Kindly note that prospective applicants can only apply for a single position which they consider themselves most suitable. Multiple applications for different positions will not be considered.
The full details of the advertisement can be accessed onKAA Website https://www.kaa.go.ke under Careers Section for detailed job descriptions, requirements for appointment and instructions on how to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit the following clearance certificates as per the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010:
(i) Police Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
(ii) Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
(iii) Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
(iv) Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
(v) Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
The clearance certificates should be valid and current.
The self-declaration Form from EACC should indicate the respective position that is being applied for.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates shall be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to provide original National Identity Card, Academic and Professional Certificates during the interview.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications via electronic mail [email protected] or in hard copy quoting the Job Reference on the Email title line or on the envelope to:.
Ag. Managing Director / CEO
Kenya Airports Authority
KAA Head Office, Airport North Road
P. O Box 19001-00501, Nairobi Kenya.
All the documents in submissions made via email should be pdf format ONLY.
To be considered, your application must be received not later than Monday, 12th February, 2024 at 5.00pm East African Time addressed to the contact provided above.
The advertisement done on 8th August 2023, for the above two (2) positions has been voided. Applicants who had earlier on applied and meet the requirements and are still interested are encouraged to re-apply.
KAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities, Minority & Marginalized Groups are encouraged to apply. Canvasing in any form or failure to attach any of the stipulated documents shall lead to automatic disqualification.