The General Manager, Finance will be responsible for ensuring efficient management of all financial resources of the Authority through sound strategy/policy formulation and implementation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify remedial actions to address shortfalls in financial performance in liaison with departmental heads by identifying revenue enhancement and cost efficiency opportunities;
- Overseeing the investment appraisal of projects and alternative investment plans;
- Developing strategic partnerships with financial partners to support business growth;
- Developing and maintaining financial accounting systems for revenues, expenses, cash management, creditors, debtors, fixed assets, petty cash;
- Formulating, implementing and maintaining accounting and administrative policies and procedures and ensuring compliance thereto;
- Providing leadership in the development and review of the Authority’s medium and long term strategies;
- Custodian of financial policies and processes and standard operating procedure manuals;
- Establishing guidelines for budget preparation and prepare annual budget in consultation with other departments;
- Overseeing the management of cash flows and preparation of cash flow forecasts;
- Executing, reporting and reviewing processes and ensuring preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements and annual accounts in line with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- Identifying and implementing efficient cost control strategies;
- Formulating and implementing sound investment policies;
- Ensuring timely updating of Finance Division’s Risk Register;
- Facilitating external (statutory) and internal audits;
- Ensuring performance measures are designed to evaluate performance against the strategic plan;
- Overseeing the implementation of recommendations of audit (external and internal), risk and compliance and other investigations;
- Setting performance expectations and conducting performance management evaluations in a timely manner to ensure superior levels of performance are maintained; and
- Developing and maintaining timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Key Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting from a recognized institution; of higher learning.
- Masters degree in Finance, Accounting, Projects Planning and Management or a related field
- Minimum of twelve (12) years practical and relevant working experience four (4) of which will be in a senior management/ leadership position;
- Professional qualifications in Finance or Accounting, CPA(K) or equivalent qualification
- Management training lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a reputable institution
- Member of Institute of Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (ICPAK) or related professional body and in good standing
- Proficiency in Computer Applications
- Skills and Competencies
Strategy execution, analytical, people management, coaching, problem solving & decision-making, prudence financial management, team work, good communication, interpersonal, risk management and leadership skills.
The full details of the advertisement can be accessed onKAA Website https://www.kaa.go.ke under Careers Section for detailed job descriptions, requirements for appointment and instructions on how to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit the following clearance certificates as per the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010:
(i) Police Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
(ii) Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
(iii) Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
(iv) Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
(v) Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
The clearance certificates should be valid and current.
The self-declaration Form from EACC should indicate the respective position that is being applied for.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates shall be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to provide original National Identity Card, Academic and Professional Certificates during the interview.
Submission of Applications
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications via electronic mail [email protected] or in hard copy quoting the Job Reference on the Email title line or on the envelope to:.
Managing Director / CEO
Kenya Airports Authority
KAA Head Office, Airport North Road
P. O Box 19001-00501, Nairobi Kenya.
To be considered, your application must be received not later than Monday, 21st August, 2023 at 5.00pm East African Time addressed to the contact provided above.
KAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities, Minority & Marginalized Groups are encouraged to apply.
Canvasing in any form or failure to attach any of the stipulated documents shall lead to automatic disqualification.
- Candidates who had applied for the positions of General Manager, Marketing & Business Development as per the advertisement dated 23rd July, 2021 and the September, 2021 and are still interested are encouraged to re – apply.
- Candidates who had applied for the positions advertised internally on 8th March, 2023 and are still interested are encouraged to re – apply.
- All advertisements of 23rd July, 2021, 28th September, 2021 and 8th March, 2023 have been voided.