The General Manager, Marketing & Business Development will be responsible for developing and driving Marketing & Business Development strategies to enhance business growth, improve brand and customer service in line with the Strategic Plan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and Reviewing Marketing and Business development strategies plans, policies and procedures in line with the Strategic Plan.
- Pursuing achievement of cargo revenue budget target;
- Facilitating improved cargo infrastructure in line with the Master Plan and Facilities Audit;
- Leading the development, implementation and evaluation of strategic, tactical and operational customer engagement plans, programs, and initiatives to align with KAA’s customer service vision and strategies;
- Advising on customer satisfaction measures, customer experience strategies, programs, initiatives and emerging issues to enable customer-centric strategic decision processes and major or critical issues response;
- Championing a long term strategic focus on driving the customer experience, balanced against the need for immediate response to urgent unplanned issues;
- Developing and implementing new business initiatives in consultation with airports, other departments and stakeholders;
- Reviewing and implementing strategies to optimize existing business;
- Developing and implementing strategies that attract new and retain existing operators;
- Developing and implementing retail plans for the optimization of commercial space and customer satisfaction;
- Undertaking consumer satisfaction survey in order to improve brand and facilitation;
- Maintaining and reviewing the directory of tenants, concessionaires and operators;
- Re-positioning the KAA brand offer to enhance the brand image;
- Planning and executing effective promotional and communication programs to achieve business growth and positive Authority image;
- Developing innovative communication products and platforms to support activities and initiatives;
- Supervising the development process of communication products, quality control checks, review of market prices versus product quality and usability development and rollout of service guidelines; and
- Ensuring compliance with statutory Acts, established strategies, plans, policies and procedures.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Business Administration or Business Management or a relevant field from a recognized institution;
- Relevant Masters degree from a recognized institution;
- Diploma in Marketing, Estate & Property Management, Communications or Public Relations is an added advantage;
- Minimum of twelve (12) years including marketing of service and working experience four (4) of which must be in a senior management position;
- Membership to a relevant professional body;
- Management Course lasting not less than two (2) weeks;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Fulfilling the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Skills and Competencies
Strategy execution, analytical skills, people management, coaching, problem solving & decision-making, financial management, team work, good communication, interpersonal, risk management and leadership skills.
Terms and Conditions of Service
These positions shall be for a three (3) year contract term renewable subject to satisfactory performance or attainment of mandatory retirement age whichever happens earlier.
Documents to be submitted by the Applicants
Application letter should be accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), a daytime phone contact, email address, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees and copies of academic and relevant professional certificates.
The full details of the advertisement can be accessed on KAA Website https://www.kaa.go.ke under Careers Section for detailed job descriptions, requirements for appointment and instructions on how to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit the following clearance certificates as per the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010:
(i) Police Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
(ii) Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
(iii) Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
(iv) Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
(v) Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
The clearance certificates should be valid and current.
The self-declaration Form from EACC should indicate the respective position that is being applied for.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates shall be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to provide original National Identity Card, Academic and Professional Certificates during the interview.
Submission of Applications
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications via electronic mail [email protected] or in hard copy quoting the Job Reference on the Email title line or on the envelope to:
Ag. Managing Director / CEO
Kenya Airports Authority
KAA Head Office, Airport North Road
P. O Box 19001-00501, Nairobi Kenya.
To be considered, your application must be received not later than 30th October 2023 at 5.00pm East African Time addressed to the contact provided above.
KAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities, Minority & Marginalized Groups are encouraged to apply.
Canvasing in any form or failure to attach any of the stipulated documents shall lead to automatic disqualification.