- Job Purpose
The General Manager, Marketing & Business Development will be responsible for developing and driving Marketing & Business Development strategies to enhance business growth, improve brand and customer service in line with the Strategic Plan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and Reviewing Marketing and Business development strategies plans, policies and procedures in line with the Strategic Plan. These include:
- Annual Budget
- Marketing Plan
- Procurement Plan
- Land use plan
- Developing and positioning JKIA as the premier hub of Africa through marketing initiatives;
- Facilitating 100% achievement of the projected growth of Nairobi cargo hub;
- Pursuing100% achievement of cargo revenue budget target;
- Facilitating improved cargo infrastructure in line with the Master Plan and Facilities Audit;
- Leading the development, implementation and evaluation of strategic, tactical and operational customer engagement plans, programs, and initiatives to align with KAA’s customer service vision and strategies;
- Advising on customer satisfaction measures, customer experience strategies, programs, initiatives and emerging issues to enable customer-centric strategic decision processes and major or critical issues response;
- Championing a long term strategic focus on driving the customer experience, balanced against the need for immediate response to urgent unplanned issues;
- Developing and implementing new business initiatives in consultation with airports, other departments and stakeholders;
- Reviewing and implementing strategies to optimize existing business;
- Developing and implementing strategies that attract new and retain existing operators;
- Developing and implementing retail plans for the optimization of commercial space and customer satisfaction;
- Undertaking consumer satisfaction survey in order to improve brand and facilitation;
- Maintaining and reviewing the directory of tenants, concessionaires and operators;
- Re-positioning the KAA brand offer to enhance the brand image;
- Planning and executing effective promotional and communication programs to achieve business growth and positive Authority image;
- Developing innovative communication products and platforms to support activities and initiatives;
- Supervising the development process of communication products, quality control checks, review of market prices versus product quality and usability development and rollout of service guidelines; and
- Ensuring compliance with statutory Acts, established strategies, plans, policies and procedures.
- Key Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Business Administration or Business Management from a recognized institution of higher learning;
- Relevant Masters degree;
- A Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing, Estate & Property Management, Communications or Public Relations is an added advantage;
- Management training lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a reputable institution
- Have a Minimum of twelve (12) years practical and relevant working experience four (4) of which will be in a senior management/ leadership position; and
- Member of the Marketing Society of Kenya or its equivalent and in good standing.
- Skills and Competencies
Strategy execution, analytical, people management, coaching, problem solving & decision-making, prudence financial management, team work, good communication, interpersonal, risk management and leadership skills.
The full details of the advertisement can be accessed onKAA Website https://www.kaa.go.ke under Careers Section for detailed job descriptions, requirements for appointment and instructions on how to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit the following clearance certificates as per the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010:
(i) Police Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
(ii) Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
(iii) Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
(iv) Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
(v) Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
The clearance certificates should be valid and current.
The self-declaration Form from EACC should indicate the respective position that is being applied for.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates shall be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to provide original National Identity Card, Academic and Professional Certificates during the interview.
Submission of Applications
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications via electronic mail [email protected] or in hard copy quoting the Job Reference on the Email title line or on the envelope to:.
Managing Director / CEO
Kenya Airports Authority
KAA Head Office, Airport North Road
P. O Box 19001-00501, Nairobi Kenya.
To be considered, your application must be received not later than Monday, 21st August, 2023 at 5.00pm East African Time addressed to the contact provided above.
KAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities, Minority & Marginalized Groups are encouraged to apply.
Canvasing in any form or failure to attach any of the stipulated documents shall lead to automatic disqualification.
- Candidates who had applied for the positions of General Manager, Marketing & Business Development as per the advertisement dated 23rd July, 2021 and the September, 2021 and are still interested are encouraged to re – apply.
- Candidates who had applied for the positions advertised internally on 8th March, 2023 and are still interested are encouraged to re – apply.
- All advertisements of 23rd July, 2021, 28th September, 2021 and 8th March, 2023 have been voided.