The job holder is responsible for ensuring cost effective airport operations and aviation safety.
Employment Terms: Contract
Reports to: Managing Director/CEO
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees and confirms implementation of ICAO standards as well as regulations and guidelines from KCAA in the operations of all KAA airports and airstrips
- Reviews the capacity of the current airport facilities vis-à-vis current and anticipated demands.
- Makes recommendations for upgrading and/or enhancement of operational facilities, passenger facilitation, ground and cargo services in order to continuously provide exceptional seamless, safe and efficient service to passengers and customers and enhance realization of revenue targets
- With the various direct reports develops departmental budgets, schedules expenditure, analyzes variances and takes corrective actions to address variances
- Leads the process and confirms that corrective and preventative actions identified by audit, risk and compliance reviews; investigations or other assessment mechanisms are undertaken within the agreed time frame.
- Develops and monitor service level agreements with departmental service providers and other stake holders.
- Ensures Serviceability and operations of fire and rescue equipment
- Ensures good maintenance and improvement of KAA Quality Management System (QMS) and Safety Management Systems (SMS)
- Ensures compliance with the public procurement and Disposal Act
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience required for this position
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s level Qualification is desirable
- A Minimum of Twelve (12) years relevant work experience with four (4) years in a Senior Management position
- ICAO / ACI Operations certifications
- Experience working with or interacting with a Board
Kenya Airports Authority (KAA) believes that the advancement and success of any organization is primarily due the strength, quality and efficiency of its Human Resource. The Authority believes in having an engaged, highly motivated and results-oriented workforce in delivering sustainable corporate performance.
If you are interested in any of the above positions and you meet the above criteria, please send in your application attaching copies of relevant certificates and testimonials, a full resume/curriculum vitae highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address and names of three (3) professional referees who can speak of your competence, character and integrity in word document (.doc/.docx) to firstname.lastname@example.org or in hard copy to;
General Manager, Human Resource Development
Kenya Airports Authority
KAA Head Office, Airport North Road
P O Box 19001-00501, Nairobi Kenya
Please indicate the Job Reference on the email Title line or on the Envelope
Your application should reach us on or before TUESDAY, 22ND MAY 2018.
KAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please note that canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In Line with Chapter Six, of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, shortlisted candidates for each position will also be required to;
- Provide a Certificate of Tax Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Present a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance from the Ethics & Ant-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Submit a Declaration of Wealth to the relevant Authorities
- A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- Successfully pass Vetting