Job Purpose: The position holder is responsible for managing and coordinating all aspects of procurement, inventory management and logistics; He/She ensures value to the Authority by making sure procurement is timely and based on value for money in terms of quality, price and terms from suppliers that are fully compliant to all relevant public procurement regulations and guidelines, the Authority’s procurement policy, as well as consistent good commercial and professional practice.
Employment Terms: Contract
Reports to: Managing Director/CEO
1. Engages and contributes to the development and review of the corporate and division strategy, policy and approach within the organization.
2. Prepares and implements the annual Procurement Plan to ensure that procurements are made in a systematic and structured way.
3. Develops and ensures implementation of inventory management systems in line with best practice.
4. Ensures development of reliable suppliers database based on set requirements
5. Ensures development and implementation of disposal plans to facilitate timely and efficient identification and disposal of redundant assets.
6. Monitors and evaluates contract management by users and report progress to facilitate timely decision making and timely implementation/completion of projects.
7. Monitors and coordinates the bidding process and evaluation of the supply chain function in line with Public Procurement Act and Regulations.
8. Takes Custody of divisional policies and processes and standard operating procedures manuals
9. Ensures performance measures are designed to evaluate performance against the strategic plan
10. Ensures maintenance and improvement of KAA Quality Management System (QMS), Safety Management System (SMS), Customer Service Standards and other statutory audits.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience required for this position
• A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution of higher learning
• Master’s degree Level qualification
• Relevant post graduate Diploma qualification
• Membership with relevant professional body
• Minimum of 12 years relevant working experience with at least 4 years in a senior management /leadership position with hands on experience
• Working knowledge of and/or demonstrable ability to quickly absorb and understand global and local regulations pertaining to the aviation industry and operations of State Corporations.
• Proficiency in IT with working experience gained in a highly automated ERP environment
• Practical working knowledge and competence with Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) system and/or automated procurement system such SAP is mandatory
• Experience working with or interacting with a Board
Kenya Airports Authority (KAA) believes that the advancement and success of any organization is primarily due the strength, quality and efficiency of its Human Resource. The Authority believes in having an engaged, highly motivated and results-oriented workforce in delivering sustainable corporate performance.
If you are interested in any of the above positions and you meet the above criteria, please send in your application attaching a full resume/curriculum vitae highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address and names of three (3) professional referees who can speak of their competence, character and integrity in word document (.doc/.docx) to email@example.com or in hard copy to;
General Manager, Human Resource Development
Kenya Airports Authority
KAA Head Office, Airport North Road
P O Box 19001-00501, Nairobi Kenya
Please indicate the Job Reference on the email Title line or on the Envelope
Your application should reach us on or before 10th October 2017.
KAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note that canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In Line with Chapter Six, of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, shortlisted candidates for each position will also be required to;
• Provide a Certificate of Tax Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
• Present a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
• Submit a Declaration of Wealth to the relevant Authorities
• Clearance from the Ethics & Ant-Corruption Commission (EACC)
• A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
• Successfully pass Vetting