The General Manager, Projects and Engineering Services will be responsible for planning, budgeting and implementing projects and maintenance programmes for the Authority’s infrastructure and facilities to meet short and long term objectives as set out in the KAA Act and the Strategic Plan.
The job holder shall also ensure that the infrastructure and facilities meet high International Standards and recommended practices through proper maintenance and continuous upgrading to conform to changing technology and traffic demands.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing strategies, policies and procedures that ensure the department achieves its set objectives as provided for in the KAA Act and the Strategic Plan;
- Planning, controlling and implementing the budget for upgrading and provision of airport facilities to meet traffic demand and customer needs;
- Preparing status reports on engineering infrastructure and facilities and action plans to sustain / upgrade facilities;
- Ensuring infrastructure and facilities are maintained to meet safety, security and customer needs;
- Developing and reviewing the airport Master Plans in order to accommodate traffic growth and changing business trends;
- Carrying out project feasibility studies and recommending to Board and Management on the projects viability and prioritization;
- Undertaking planning, designing and implementing the approved projects;
- Preparing and maintaining project status, completion reports and project post construction needs;
- Consulting with Heads of Departments, stakeholders and other Government bodies during designing and implementing of projects to ensure all user needs are considered;
- Consulting with Marketing and Legal Departments on the Authority commercial land utilization and control of development to ensure compatibility with airport master plans;
- Planning and appraising airport projects/facilities to comply with environmental requirements and legislation; and
- Approving of building plans and monitoring land use planning around airports.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Civil & Structural Engineering, Building & Construction, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Transport Engineering from a recognized institution;
- Relevant Masters degree from a recognized institution;
- Qualification in Aviation will be an added advantage;
- Registration with Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK);
- Member of Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK);
- Management Course lasting not less than two (2) weeks;
- Minimum of twelve (12) years practical and relevant working experience four (4) of which must be in a senior management position;
- Proficiency in Computer applications; and
- Fulfilling the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Skills and Competencies
Strategy execution, analytical skills, people management, coaching, problem solving & decision-making, financial management, team work, good communication, interpersonal, risk management and leadership skills.
Terms and Conditions of Service
These positions shall be for a three (3) year contract term renewable subject to satisfactory performance or attainment of mandatory retirement age whichever happens earlier.
Documents to be submitted by the Applicants
Application letter should be accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), a daytime phone contact, email address, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees and copies of academic and relevant professional certificates.
The full details of the advertisement can be accessed on KAA Website https://www.kaa.go.ke under Careers Section for detailed job descriptions, requirements for appointment and instructions on how to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit the following clearance certificates as per the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010:
(i) Police Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
(ii) Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
(iii) Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
(iv) Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
(v) Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
The clearance certificates should be valid and current.
The self-declaration Form from EACC should indicate the respective position that is being applied for.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates shall be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to provide original National Identity Card, Academic and Professional Certificates during the interview.
Submission of Applications
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications via electronic mail [email protected] or in hard copy quoting the Job Reference on the Email title line or on the envelope to:
Ag. Managing Director / CEO
Kenya Airports Authority
KAA Head Office, Airport North Road
P. O Box 19001-00501, Nairobi Kenya.
To be considered, your application must be received not later than 30th October 2023 at 5.00pm East African Time addressed to the contact provided above.
KAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities, Minority & Marginalized Groups are encouraged to apply.
Canvasing in any form or failure to attach any of the stipulated documents shall lead to automatic disqualification.