The General Manager, Security Services will be responsible for planning, organizing, communicating and providing direction for implementing organization policy and standards required in the National and International Aviation Security standards and recommended practices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing strategies, policies and procedures on Security in line with the International Standards, recommended practices and the Strategic Plan;
- Ensuring implementation of the National Civil Aviation Security programmes;
- Ensuring that each airport develops and implements an Aerodrome Manual and Security Management Systems;
- Ensuring development and implementation of access control and identification systems;
- Ensuring that airports are supplied with security equipment and facilities that meet appropriate standards;
- Establishing and ensuring implementation of security equipment maintenance and calibration programme at the airports;
- Ensuring the development and implementation of security training and awareness programmes for staff and stakeholders;
- Conducting quarterly security management reviews and reports to the Managing Director/CEO and ensuring that relevant action is taken;
- Ensuring that a system of risk assessment and quality control is developed, implemented and updated in all airports to ensure continous effectiveness;
- Ensuring that security audits, inspections, tests and investigations are undertaken and necessary action taken;
- Ensuring that airport security committees are established and well co-ordinated;
- Ensuring participation in facilitation committees and implementing action plans arising thereof; and
- Ensuring that each airport develops and implements Security Contingency Plans.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Security Management or a relevant field from a recognized institution;
- Relevant Masters degree from a recognized institution;
- Minimum of twelve (12) years practical and relevant working experience four (4) of which must be in a senior management position;
- Qualifications in Aviation will be an added advantage;
- Management Course lasting not less than two (2) weeks;
- Hands on experience and knowledge of ICAO Standards and recommended best practices;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Fulfilling the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Skills and Competencies
Strategy execution, analytical skills, people management, coaching, problem solving & decision-making, financial management, team work, good communication, interpersonal, risk management and leadership skills.
Terms and Conditions of Service
These positions shall be for a three (3) year contract term renewable subject to satisfactory performance or attainment of mandatory retirement age whichever happens earlier.
Documents to be submitted by the Applicants
Application letter should be accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), a daytime phone contact, email address, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees and copies of academic and relevant professional certificates.
The full details of the advertisement can be accessed on KAA Website https://www.kaa.go.ke under Careers Section for detailed job descriptions, requirements for appointment and instructions on how to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit the following clearance certificates as per the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010:
(i) Police Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
(ii) Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
(iii) Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
(iv) Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
(v) Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
The clearance certificates should be valid and current.
The self-declaration Form from EACC should indicate the respective position that is being applied for.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates shall be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to provide original National Identity Card, Academic and Professional Certificates during the interview.
Submission of Applications
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications via electronic mail [email protected] or in hard copy quoting the Job Reference on the Email title line or on the envelope to:
Ag. Managing Director / CEO
Kenya Airports Authority
KAA Head Office, Airport North Road
P. O Box 19001-00501, Nairobi Kenya.
To be considered, your application must be received not later than 30th October 2023 at 5.00pm East African Time addressed to the contact provided above.
KAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities, Minority & Marginalized Groups are encouraged to apply.
Canvasing in any form or failure to attach any of the stipulated documents shall lead to automatic disqualification.