- Job Purpose
The job holder will be responsible for undertaking land survey management for the Authority for purposes of planning and control.
- Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Land managing and cadastral and engineering surveying;
- Liaising with the responsible Ministry and County Governments on land matters;
- Conducting regular field surveys for purposes of development works, title surveys, airport planning and land acquisition as provided for in the legislation;
- Executing surveys for sub-leases, conveyancing and securing titles to minimize litigation;
- Planning, developing, coordinating and implementing programs and policies;
- Liaising with the Ministry of Lands, departments, counties and agencies to ensure proper survey of the Authority’s land;
- Beckoning of Authority’s land to prevent encroachment;
- Ensuring that the Authority complies with relevant legislations and policies; and
- Maintaining all the Authority’s land survey records and related equipment.
- Key Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Land Surveying, Geo-spatial Engineering, Geomatics Engineering, Geographical Information Systems or related field from a recognized institution
- Member of Institution of Surveyors of Kenya and in good standing
- At least eight (8) years of relevant work experience with at least three (3) years of which must be in a managerial/ supervisory position
- Skills and Competencies
Teamwork, good communication, interpersonal, supervisory and analytical skills.
Terms and Conditions of Service
The Corporation Secretary and General Manager positions shall be for a three (3) year contract term renewable subject to satisfactory performance or attainment of mandatory retirement age whichever happens earlier. The other positions will be on permanent and pensionable terms as per the provisions of the Authority’s Human Resource Policy and Procedures Manual.
Documents to be submitted by the Applicants
Application letter should be accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), a daytime phone contact, email address, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees and copies of academic and relevant professional certificates.
Kindly note that prospective applicants can only apply for a single position which they consider themselves most suitable. Multiple applications for different positions will not be considered.
The full details of the advertisement can be accessed onKAA Website https://www.kaa.go.ke under Careers Section for detailed job descriptions, requirements for appointment and instructions on how to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit the following clearance certificates as per the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010:
(i) Police Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
(ii) Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
(iii) Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
(iv) Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
(v) Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
The clearance certificates should be valid and current.
The self-declaration Form from EACC should indicate the respective position that is being applied for.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates shall be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to provide original National Identity Card, Academic and Professional Certificates during the interview.
Submission of Applications
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications via electronic mail [email protected] or in hard copy quoting the Job Reference on the Email title line or on the envelope to:.
Managing Director / CEO
Kenya Airports Authority
KAA Head Office, Airport North Road
P. O Box 19001-00501, Nairobi Kenya.
To be considered, your application must be received not later than Monday, 21st August, 2023 at 5.00pm East African Time addressed to the contact provided above.
KAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities, Minority & Marginalized Groups are encouraged to apply.
Canvasing in any form or failure to attach any of the stipulated documents shall lead to automatic disqualification.
- Candidates who had applied for the positions of General Manager, Marketing & Business Development as per the advertisement dated 23rd July, 2021 and the September, 2021 and are still interested are encouraged to re – apply.
- Candidates who had applied for the positions advertised internally on 8th March, 2023 and are still interested are encouraged to re – apply.
- All advertisements of 23rd July, 2021, 28th September, 2021 and 8th March, 2023 have been voided.