Job Purpose: The position holder is responsible for providing legal advice to ensure that the Authority’s interests in Dispute Resolution are protected and the Authority is in full compliance with local and international Laws and Regulations
Employment Terms: Permanent and Pensionable
Reports to: Manager Legal, Disputes Resolution
1. Provides legal advice on claims arising from the organizations’ business
2. Handles dispute resolution matters and liaises with external counsel for effective and expeditious resolution
3. Advises the Authority on Industrial Relations matters to ensure compliance with the Law
4. Provides legal advice to management to ensure the Authority’s statutory and regulatory obligations are met in all its operations.
5. Monitors the Authority’s compliance to statutes, International Conventions and Regulations to ensure smooth flow of operations.
6. Ensures that the Corporation complies with the regulatory environment affecting its operations by liaising with the Government ,regulatory bodies and international organizations such as ICAO and ACI
7. Ensures maintenance and improvement of KAA Quality Management System (QMS), Safety Management System (SMS), Customer Service Standards and other statutory audits.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience required for this position
• A Bachelor’s degree in Law from a recognized institution of higher learning
• A Master’s degree Level Qualification
• Diploma from the Kenya School of Law
• Membership to the Law Society of Kenya.
• Minimum of 6 years relevant working experience
• Working knowledge of and/or demonstrable ability to quickly absorb and understand global and local regulations pertaining to the aviation industry and operations of State Corporations.
• Proficiency in IT with working experience gained in a highly automated ERP environment
Applicants who had applied for the earlier advertisement made on 5th September 2017 are free to apply again
Kenya Airports Authority (KAA) believes that the advancement and success of any organization is primarily due the strength, quality and efficiency of its Human Resource. The Authority believes in having an engaged, highly motivated and results-oriented workforce in delivering sustainable corporate performance.
If you are interested in any of the above positions and you meet the above criteria, please send in your application attaching a full resume/curriculum vitae highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address and names of three (3) professional referees who can speak of their competence, character and integrity in word document (.doc/.docx) to email@example.com or in hard copy to;
General Manager, Human Resource Development
Kenya Airports Authority
KAA Head Office, Airport North Road
P O Box 19001-00501, Nairobi Kenya
Please indicate the Job Reference on the email Title line or on the Envelope
Your application should reach us on or before 10th October 2017.
KAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note that canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In Line with Chapter Six, of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, shortlisted candidates for each position will also be required to;
• Provide a Certificate of Tax Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
• Present a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
• Submit a Declaration of Wealth to the relevant Authorities
• Clearance from the Ethics & Ant-Corruption Commission (EACC)
• A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
• Successfully pass Vetting