- Job Purpose
The job holder will be responsible for assisting the Trust Secretary to the Board of Trustees in initiating, reviewing and developing policy and procedures in compliance with the Retirement Benefits Authority (RBA) Act 1997 and Regulations.
- Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Advising the Schemes Administrator on members who have joined or exited the fund and ensuring timely processing and payment of all benefits;
- Ensuring that appropriate contributions by members and the employer are recovered and sent to the Custodian within the stipulated time;
- Ensuring annual statement of balances for members are prepared and submitted as appropriate;
- Providing secretariat services to the Board of Trustees in management of staff superannuation schemes;
- Overseeing the running of the superannuation schemes on a day to day basis;
- Ensuring that rentals for the property are collected and submitted to the Custodian on time for immediate investment and conducting routine inspection of the property on quarterly basis to ensure proper management and maintenance by the Property Manager;
- Overseeing the internal administration of the staff pension schemes and post-retirement medical fund in order to enable the beneficiaries of the schemes get their benefits as provided for in the Trust Deed and Rules;
- Assisting the Board of Trustees and the Administrator in identifying the rightful beneficiaries and obtaining the required documents from the claimants/beneficiaries and submitting the same for payment of benefits as appropriate;
- Making a follow up on implementation of the Board of Trustees resolutions;
- Providing necessary awareness to the members of the Fund by organizing for members’ education fora and post retirement seminars for prospective retirees;
- Organising members Annual General Meetings (AGMs) and ensuring that Annual Financial Statements are accurately prepared and circulated to members on time;
- Ensuring the schemes are managed in accordance to the Trust Deed and Rules; and
- Ensuring full compliance of all the legislative requirements by the Schemes.
- Key Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science, Economics, Finance, Insurance, Business Administration, Risk Management, Human Resource Management from a recognized institution
- Professional qualifications where applicable
- Membership to relevant professional body and in good standing
- Understanding of pension laws and ability to interpret and give guidance on the same
- Certification in Trustee Development Program Kenya (TDPK)
- A minimum period of eight (8) years relevant work experience three (3) of which must be in managerial/supervisory position
- Proficiency in computer applications
Skills and Competencies
Teamwork, good communication, interpersonal, supervisory and analytical skills.
Terms and Conditions of Service
The Corporation Secretary and General Manager positions shall be for a three (3) year contract term renewable subject to satisfactory performance or attainment of mandatory retirement age whichever happens earlier. The other positions will be on permanent and pensionable terms as per the provisions of the Authority’s Human Resource Policy and Procedures Manual.
Documents to be submitted by the Applicants
Application letter should be accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), a daytime phone contact, email address, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees and copies of academic and relevant professional certificates.
Kindly note that prospective applicants can only apply for a single position which they consider themselves most suitable. Multiple applications for different positions will not be considered.
The full details of the advertisement can be accessed onKAA Website https://www.kaa.go.ke under Careers Section for detailed job descriptions, requirements for appointment and instructions on how to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit the following clearance certificates as per the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010:
(i) Police Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
(ii) Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
(iii) Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
(iv) Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
(v) Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
The clearance certificates should be valid and current.
The self-declaration Form from EACC should indicate the respective position that is being applied for.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates shall be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to provide original National Identity Card, Academic and Professional Certificates during the interview.
Submission of Applications
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications via electronic mail [email protected] or in hard copy quoting the Job Reference on the Email title line or on the envelope to:.
Managing Director / CEO
Kenya Airports Authority
KAA Head Office, Airport North Road
P. O Box 19001-00501, Nairobi Kenya.
To be considered, your application must be received not later than Monday, 21st August, 2023 at 5.00pm East African Time addressed to the contact provided above.
KAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities, Minority & Marginalized Groups are encouraged to apply.
Canvasing in any form or failure to attach any of the stipulated documents shall lead to automatic disqualification.
- Candidates who had applied for the positions of General Manager, Marketing & Business Development as per the advertisement dated 23rd July, 2021 and the September, 2021 and are still interested are encouraged to re – apply.
- Candidates who had applied for the positions advertised internally on 8th March, 2023 and are still interested are encouraged to re – apply.
- All advertisements of 23rd July, 2021, 28th September, 2021 and 8th March, 2023 have been voided.