The job holder is responsible for managing procurement of works, goods and services and ensuring that Inventory Control, Asset and Stores management and Distribution are carried out in accordance with the provision of Public Procurement & Asset Disposal Act (PPADA) 2015.
Employment Terms: Permanent
Reports to: Airport Manager, Moi International Airport (MIA)
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership and supervision to procurement staff to ensure user requirements (works, goods and services) are procured within the budget and procurement plan.
- Ensures preparation, dispatch, opening, analysis and issuance of professional opinion on quotations as per the threshold set out in the Public Procurement & Asset Disposal Act 2015.
- Ensures Warehouse stocks are replenished periodically as per user requirements and on re-order levels to avoid stock outs.
- Provides updated list on stores that are in obsolesces state that requires phasing out and those already obsolete for disposal.
- Prepares, coordinates and facilitates implementation of annual procurement plans
- Monitors supplier performance to ensure they deliver within the required period of time.
- Liaises with users to prepare framework contracts on items required for the year and preparation of quotations documents.
- Ensures performance measures are designed to evaluate performance against the strategic plan;
- Facilitates training on procurement regulations as per the training needs.
- Ensures good maintenance and improvement of KAA Quality Management System (QMS) and Safety Management Systems (SMS
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience required for this position
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s level Qualification is desirable
- Relevant professional Qualifications
- Membership with relevant professional body at professional level qualification
- Valid professional Practicing license
- Minimum Eight (8) years relevant work experience with at least three (3) years Managerial experience.
Kenya Airports Authority (KAA) believes that the advancement and success of any organization is primarily due to the strength, quality and efficiency of its Human Resource. The Authority believes in having an engaged, highly motivated and results-oriented workforce in delivering sustainable corporate performance.
If you are interested in any of the above positions and you meet the above criteria, please send in your application attaching copies of relevant certificates and testimonials, a full resume/curriculum vitae highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address and names of three (3) professional referees who can speak of your competence, character and integrity in word document (.doc/.docx) to email@example.com or in hard copy to;
General Manager, Human Resource Development
Kenya Airports Authority
KAA Head Office, Airport North Road
P O Box 19001-00501, Nairobi Kenya
Please indicate the Job Reference on the email Title line or on the Envelope
Your application should reach us on or before TUESDAY, 7TH AUGUST 2018.
KAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note that canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In Line with Chapter Six, of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, shortlisted candidates for each position will also be required to;
- Provide a Certificate of Tax Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Present a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance from the Ethics & Ant-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Submit a Declaration of Wealth to the relevant Authorities
- A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- Successfully pass Vetting