The job holder in liaison with the Commercial Manager, Cargo implements cargo business plans for Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Wilson Airport, Wajir International Airport , Eldoret International Airport, Moi International Airport, Kisumu International Airport, Lokichoggio Airport and Malindi Airport to achieve revenue targets and efficient cargo operations.
Employment Terms: Permanent and Pensionable
Reports to: Commercial Manager, Cargo
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements cargo business plans for general freight, fresh produce, Horticulture and Courier business to achieve set targets on revenue and customer service.
- Monitors and analyzes the operational performance of licensed transit sheds to ensures optimal revenue and efficient operations
- Reviews and develops courier operations to maximize on revenue and customer service.
- Undertakes review and standardizes the operations of the specialized freight area to maximize on business opportunities.
- Develops and maintain contacts with all cargo stakeholders to ensure good relations.
- Monitors, reviews/benchmarks and upgrades operation of the Animal Holding unit at the Airports to ensure efficient operations and maximum revenue in line with business plan.
- Coordinates in liaison with the commercial Manager-Cargo/ Airport Managers (EIA, MIA, KSM, LOKI, MLD) all cargo activities to achieve set targets on revenue and customer service.
- Initiates and recommends for approval new business opportunities.
- Collects and analyzes data on cargo to ensure availability of data for decision making.
- Ensures good maintenance and improvement of KAA Quality Management System (QMS) and Safety Management Systems (SMS)
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience required for this position
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree
- Relevant Diploma Qualifications
- A Minimum of Five (5) years relevant work experience with at least two (2) years Supervisory experience
Kenya Airports Authority (KAA) believes that the advancement and success of any organization is primarily due the strength, quality and efficiency of its Human Resource. The Authority believes in having an engaged, highly motivated and results-oriented workforce in delivering sustainable corporate performance.
If you are interested in any of the above positions and you meet the above criteria, please send in your application attaching copies of relevant certificates and testimonials, a full resume/curriculum vitae highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address and names of three (3) professional referees who can speak of your competence, character and integrity in word document (.doc/.docx) to firstname.lastname@example.org or in hard copy to;
General Manager, Human Resource Development
Kenya Airports Authority
KAA Head Office, Airport North Road
P O Box 19001-00501, Nairobi Kenya
Please indicate the Job Reference on the email Title line or on the Envelope
Your application should reach us on or before TUESDAY, 22ND MAY 2018.
KAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please note that canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In Line with Chapter Six, of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, shortlisted candidates for each position will also be required to;
- Provide a Certificate of Tax Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Present a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance from the Ethics & Ant-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Submit a Declaration of Wealth to the relevant Authorities
- A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- Successfully pass Vetting