- Job Purpose: The job holder will be required to implement security measures to meet the required standards and recommended practices.
- Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Screening passengers and luggage through X-Ray , walk through , hand held metal detector and physical security checks to ensure no un authorized items and persons pass through for security reasons;
- Controlling passengers and other airport user’s access to the airside, restricted and controlled areas to determine whether they have been authorized through use of security pass and travel documents;
- Facilitating passengers and Airport workers through security access entry points;
- Conducting standard screening and access control at gates and doors leading to the airside;
- Safeguarding airport facilities against unlawful interference
- Conducting patrols both on foot and vehicular on a 24-hour basis;
- Scrutinizing passenger travel documents and Airport passes at access points to ensure their validity;
- Inspecting or searching persons and vehicles entering the restricted area to ensure they do not carry prohibited or dangerous articles or substances;
- Inspecting or searching persons and vehicles leaving the restricted area to ensure they do not carry unauthorized goods or materials;
- Handing over security items, equipment and other facilities within the respective operational areas stating the actual status and signing in the log;
- Effecting arrest on all those who violate Civil Aviation regulations and commit other crimes within the Airport; and
- Monitoring security surveillance equipment, CCTV recordings and reporting any suspicious activities to the supervisor.
- Key Qualifications and Experience
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) C- (minus) and KCSE Grade D+ (plus) for candidates with Disability and those from minority and marginalized communities
- For candidates with disability, they should be registered with the National Council for Persons With Disabilities (NCPWDs)
- Minority- Ethnic groups that are recognized by the Government
- Marginalized Communities- Inhabitants of Counties that are recognized by the Government as per the Commission of Revenue Allocation criteria.
- Computer Literacy
- Possession of a medical certificate issued within the last three (3) months by a registered medical officer of health confirming that a candidate is medically fit to undergo a physical vigorous training
- Successful completion of six (6) months paramilitary training from the National Youth Service and possession of a Certificate of Discharge will be an added advantage
- Age – Not more than 26 years (Born from January, 1997)
Terms and Conditions of Service
The Corporation Secretary and General Manager positions shall be for a three (3) year contract term renewable subject to satisfactory performance or attainment of mandatory retirement age whichever happens earlier. The other positions will be on permanent and pensionable terms as per the provisions of the Authority’s Human Resource Policy and Procedures Manual.
Documents to be submitted by the Applicants
Application letter should be accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), a daytime phone contact, email address, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees and copies of academic and relevant professional certificates.
Kindly note that prospective applicants can only apply for a single position which they consider themselves most suitable. Multiple applications for different positions will not be considered.
The full details of the advertisement can be accessed onKAA Website https://www.kaa.go.ke under Careers Section for detailed job descriptions, requirements for appointment and instructions on how to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit the following clearance certificates as per the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010:
(i) Police Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
(ii) Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
(iii) Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
(iv) Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
(v) Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
The clearance certificates should be valid and current.
The self-declaration Form from EACC should indicate the respective position that is being applied for.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates shall be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to provide original National Identity Card, Academic and Professional Certificates during the interview.
Submission of Applications
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications via electronic mail firstname.lastname@example.org or in hard copy quoting the Job Reference on the Email title line or on the envelope to:.
Managing Director / CEO
Kenya Airports Authority
KAA Head Office, Airport North Road
P. O Box 19001-00501, Nairobi Kenya.
To be considered, your application must be received not later than Monday, 21st August, 2023 at 5.00pm East African Time addressed to the contact provided above.
KAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities, Minority & Marginalized Groups are encouraged to apply.
Canvasing in any form or failure to attach any of the stipulated documents shall lead to automatic disqualification.
- Candidates who had applied for the positions of General Manager, Marketing & Business Development as per the advertisement dated 23rd July, 2021 and the September, 2021 and are still interested are encouraged to re – apply.
- Candidates who had applied for the positions advertised internally on 8th March, 2023 and are still interested are encouraged to re – apply.
- All advertisements of 23rd July, 2021, 28th September, 2021 and 8th March, 2023 have been voided.